Wireless network innovation and capacity demands have driven the rate of new cell site deployment to unprecedented levels.
Baseband unit (BBU) emulation enables mobile operators to streamline and accelerate the multi-phase cell site deployment process by testing Remote Radio Units (RRUs) during the installation phase. 5G New Radio (NR) introduces split BBU architecture. VIAVI provides the industry’s most advanced BBU emulation solutions for the field, lab, and manufacturing floor.
The industry’s most comprehensive cell site test solution
VIAVI CellAdvisor 5G is the industry’s most easy-to-use, innovative, and comprehensive base station analyzer. It is the ideal field-portable solution to validate and deploy 5G radio access networks. Its combination of real-time spectrum analysis and 5G beam analysis, as well as the ability to test fiber, coax, and air interfaces, makes it one of the most versatile cell site test solutions available. Whether you are performing signal analysis, interference analysis, or just inspecting fiber connections, this one instrument can do it all. Its easy-to-use interface, complemented by cloud-enabled VIAVI StrataSync, makes it simple to create reports and close projects fast.
- Validate and deploy all physical interfaces—fiber, coax and RF—with confidence
- Upgrade to new features and technology with software licenses, giving you the best total cost of ownership
- Perform PIM detection plus interference analysis and hunting with the same solution
- Generate reports with a simple push of a button and get paid fast
- 5G cell site installation, commissioning, and maintenance
- Radio performance testing to validate successful O-RAN deployment
- Massive MIMO and active antenna beam validation
- Interference analysis and PIM detection over CPRI
- Comprehensive RF signal analysis
- Fronthaul and RRH verification over CPRI
- Cable and antenna analysis with optional RF source
- Real-time spectrum and interference analysis with persistence display for 5G FR1 (sub-6GHz) and FR2 (mmWave)
- 5G carrier scanner measuring up to eight wide-band carriers’ power as well as strongest beam power level and its corresponding ID
- 5G beam analyzer assessing individual beam’s ID, its power level and corresponding signal to noise ratios
- 5G route map for coverage verification, mapping in real-time the beam strength, and making data available for post-processing
OneAdvisor - 800
One Solution. One Process. One Report.
The VIAVI OneAdvisor-800 is designed to meet the evolving needs of service providers, field technicians and contractors as they scale 5G infrastructure. OneAdvisor-800 allows cell site technicians to test fiber, RF, and CPRI/Ethernet from a single instrument, replacing multiple independent tools (OTDR, CAA, Fiber Scope, RF spectrum analyzer) and significantly reducing the total cost of ownership.
The instrument’s workflow user interface carefully guides technicians through a pre-configured common test process, making sure that technicians complete the job in the same way and to the same specifications. With OneAdvisor-800, users get built-in guidance, automatic test configuration, pass/fail results, and a single closeout report every time, at every site.
- Improved tool efficiency. Replaces multiple independent tools (i.e. OTDR, CAA, Fiber scope, RF spectrum analyzer, etc).
- Broad coverage. Covers all radios types (LTE and 5G) and topologies (Macro-cell, Small-cell, C-RAN, and/or DAS)
- Scalable. As a team’s test responsibility grows, so can the OneAdvisor platform with modular test components
OneAdvisor-800 Test Process Automation Benefits
- Greater accuracy. Complete test plans exactly to the specifications of the service provider with precise measurements.
- Consistency. Test processes and workflows are defined centrally and “pushed” to test instruments, eliminating the variability of manual procedures and drives consistent, repeatable results, regardless of technician skill or experience level.
- Lower Training Costs. Training focus shifts to the test process itself, which is faster and easier to learn, rather than on technical information that is generally time-consuming and overwhelming for new technicians.
- Speed. Job Manager eliminates wasted technician time trying to remember which tests to run and how to run them